Friday, September 23, 2005

The End of the Line


As we big a fond goodbye to Birthday FUNdraising week here at the Hurting, I would dearly like to thank those of you who expressed your appreciation for the continued existence of this weblog. All two of you. One of whom was not even a regular reader, or indeed a comics fan at all.

But what have we learned this week? We've learned that declaring a fundraiser is not the same as actually having a fundraiser. We've learned that just randomly asking for money from people does not inspire people to give you money. And we've learned that I'm a money-grubbing bastard, even if I can prove my parents were married when I was conceived and born. Bastard is a state of mind.

But most importantly, we've learned that if I really want to succeed in soliciting money from total strangers, it's best to pretend I have some catastrophic disease.



Next year, I am so totally getting the Ass-Cancer.

No comments :