Notable Links for 03/10
Man, this is a dead day. Thank goodness... just got back fro ma shopping trip in Nashua and I was tired.
Has anyone else noticed that MTV2 has started re-running "Beavis & Butthead" at midnight on weekdays? It still holds up, I am very happy to say. I don't watch much TV anymore but I'll gladly make an exception for them.
* "Matt Davies won the first Herblock Prize for editorial cartooning, which carries a $10,000 award and sterling silver trophy. Davies -- of The Journal News in White Plains, N.Y., and Tribune Media Services (TMS) -- will receive the prize Thursday night during a ceremony at the Library of Congress." Read more here, courtesy of Editor & Publisher.
* Laura Dempsey of the Dayton Daily News takes a look at Cathy's impending nuptuals here.
* Cartoonist Judy Horacek talks about her work here, courtesy of the Magnetic Times.
* The New York Press has a stab at the recent Ted Rall/NYTimes.com contrvoersy here.
* Silver Bullet Comics' weekly Panel discussion takes a look at the topic of kids comics this week - specifically, are there any?
* Ruel S. De Vera of the Philippines' 2BU.net reviews Neil Gaiman's recent "Sandman: Endless Nights" hardcover here(which is another thing I have yet to read... at this rate I might not see the damn thing til it hits softcover...)
* Apperantly Fantagraphics' resident mad genius Dame Darcy is having money troubles. Those feeling generous, or those just wanting some Darcy memorabilia, should take a look here to see if there's anything they can do to help (link courtesy of the Journal message board).
* Newark artist Russell Merritt teaches a comics workshop at the Newark Public Library. Read about it here courtesy of the Newark Advocate.
* David Yurkovich of UnderGroundOnline spends waaaay too much time explicating issue #40 of the 70's "Ghost Rider" series here.
* Tod Caviness of the Orlando City Beat polls the recent Orlando Mega Con for political opinions... yes, its as bad as it sounds.