Saturday, January 17, 2004

JUSTICE LEAGUE

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Justice League cartoon (currently airing on the Cartoon Network) is probably the best action cartoon on the air today. It's also probably the best superhero team of any kind currently being produced - it makes the current 'JLA' comic look anemic.

In fact, I daresay this show is so good at what it does that it pretty much obviates the comic. If you were twelve, which would you think was cooler? Obviously, based even on Newsarama's rather optimistic numbers, only 62,171 folks even bothered to buy 'JLA' in December. Considering how many people see the Justice League on TV, that's pitiful... but then again, what do you expect? Even if they could get the people who like watching the Justice League on TV into a comic shop, there would be such a marked difference in quality between the two products that I sincerely doubt any of this new audience would stick around.

Besides, the Justice League cartoon doesn't make me feel like I need a bath... and the last time I read a mainstream DCU title I felt very dirty afterwards.

No comments :