(Scene from Robert Parrish's 1963 movie In A French Style)
This week we have a very special treat - our first-ever GUEST PODCAST, curated and chosen by none other than Violet. This week we're plunging into the heart of war-torn 1960s France, for a look at the strange phenomenon of yé-yé and the cute girls that sung it. Those unfamiliar with yé-yé might be interested in Jean-Luc Godard's 1966 film Masculin, féminin, the protagonist of which is Chantale Goya, a yé-yé singer in the movie as in real life.
Download the mix at Sharebee and Sendspace.
One track which did not make the cut for this week's podcast was "Le Vampire" by Stella, a good copy MP3 of which could not be located. But you can enjoy it anyway:
Stella Le Vampire
Uploaded by Leroidukitch. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.
1. France Gall - Laisse tomber les filles
2. Annie Philippe - C'est la mode
3. Liz Brady - Palladium
4. Christie Laume - Rouge-rouge
5. Cléo - Et moi, et toi, et soie
6. Adèle - C'est bon
7. Clothilde - Fallait pas écraser la queue du chat
8. Cosette - Idéalisation
9. Sylvie Vartan - Ne t'en va pas
10. Katy David - Plus tard
11. Charlotte Leslie - Les filles c'est fait
12. Jacqueline Taïeb - La première à gauche
The Hurting's Weekly Podcast Party Jam -