Saturday, July 17, 2010

Podcast for the Week of 07/17/10



My best friend from high school is getting married today. This has provoked some pondering on my part over the last few days. Longtime readers of this blog probably remember that I've been married - was married for quite a while actually. I'm uncomfortable around other peoples' weddings because my own ended poorly. I eloped the first time I got married and when I get married again it will undoubtedly be another radically small affair: my family has never been big on ceremony in any way shape or form. But my friend is going the whole nine yards, sending out RSVP cards and online gift registries and everything. It seems almost impossibly idyllic, at least in theory. Kind of alien, I confess, to my own experience and preferences, which is probably the major reason I feel out of place in these situations. I guess I should wish them well but I don't really need to, I think they're going to be just fine.

Oh well, I'm babbling. Here's the mix in Sharebee as well as Sendspace, since I have received complaints that neither site works 100% for all computers.



1. Bob Dylan - Wedding Song
2. Moby - My Weakness
3. R.E.M. - Untitled
4. Pavement - Here
5. Mirah - Love Song of the Fly
6. They Might Be Giants - Pet Name
7. Lamb - Trans Fatty Acid (Kruder & Dorfmeister Remix)
8. Everything But the Girl - Good Cop Bad Cop
9. Cat Power - Love & Communication
10. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
11. Wilco - On and On and On
12. Tegan & Sara - Dark Come Soon
13. Bjork - Pagan Poetry
13. David Bowie - Absolute Beginners
14. LCD Soundsystem - All I Want
15. Roxy Music - Avalon




The Hurting's Weekly Podcast Party Jam -
Week One, Two, Three, Four, Five,
Six

No comments :