Sunday, July 02, 2006

As I Lay Dying


Never let it be said that we here at The Hurting are above stealing good ideas when the notion strikes us. A week or so ago Mike over at Progressive Ruin posted a general request for readers to post questions in his comment section, which he then proceeded to answer in a series of subsequent posts. So since I'm a shameless copycat, I thought I'd do the same here - so, put your questions in the comments and we'll get started.




The reason for a "placeholder" post like this is basically because I have one more Silver Surfer-related post to write sometime in the near future but do not feel like writing it tonight. However, a few people in the comments have inquired as to whether or not the Silver Surfer stories I've been discussing, or more specifically the Essential Silver-Surfer in which they can be found, is still in print. The answer to this question is yes, and to show you how sorry I am for not presenting it earlier, I'm going to make it up to you by giving you the chance to give me money:



But I know what you're thinking: if these stories are so good, why settle for a cheap black & white reprint? Isn't there some sort of, I don't know, expensive hardcover reprint of all these great stories, the kind of book that would make a great conversation starter or an excellent focal point for your next Thanksgiving centerpiece? Well, you're in luck, because there just happens to be such a book - and it provides you, the reader, with yet another opportunity to give me your hard earned money:



Giving me money is the great American pasttime, and you should all spend more time doing it. On this wonderful Fourth of July, let us remember those things which make America the greatest country in the world: imperialism, torture, and shameless self-promotion. Who says this ain't the Marvel age of giving Tim money?

No comments :