But it's been a lazy, irrelevant week.
Top Ten Dance Songs of the 90s
(More or Less off the Top of my Head)
10. The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode (1992)
OK, you can make a good argument that it's not the Shamen's best song - and sure, you've got "Move Any Mountain" as a likely contender for that crown. But hey, it got the phrase "E's are good" onto the pop charts at the height of anti-rave hysteria. Wikipedia refers to it as "perceived subliminal endorsement of recreational drug use" - well, shit, listen and judge for yourself. It didn't just hit number #1 on Radio One, it was #1 for four weeks. Plus: how many songs can say they received remixes from both Richie Hawtin and Meat Beat Manifesto?
9. Armand van Helden feat. Roland Clark - Flowerz (1998)
8. Fatboy Slim - Acid 8000 (1998)
7. The Prodigy - No Good (Start the Dance) (1994)
6. Model 500 (Juan Atkins) - I Wanna Be There (1995)
5. Orbital - Halcyon (1992)
4. Leftfield feat. John Lydon - Open Up (1993)
3. Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx (1995)
2. The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl (1999)
1. Daft Punk - Alive (1997)