Sunday, November 30, 2008

And Now A Word From Your Sponser



OK, here is something that has nothing to do with comics - yes, even less to do with comics than an inexplicable week devoted to Hellraiser. I need some scratch, both for the coming holiday season and in order to get some EXTREMELY overdue work done on my car, i.e., the front brakes that are grinding like Dan Didio's teeth at a sales meeting. So, I have dove into the "rainy day" fund, which just happens to be one lovingly used diamond engagement ring, whose services are no longer required.

Now, when I bought the ring i knew full well that diamonds have shitty resale value - but obviously, you're not thinking about that when you pay for a wedding ring, know what I mean? But it is a fabulous ring, and you'd be getting far more ring that you could expect even at three or four times the price in a place like Zales. Plus, a special for readers of this blog, anyone who buys the ring through this blog will get a GIANT BOX OF FREE COMICS SWAG, all kinds of stuff I've accumulated over the years which I do not need anymore for whatever reason - at least $100 retail value, depending on what I can scrounge up. So yeah: if you've been waiting for the right time to pop the question to your sweetie, there has never been a better time than now, and there has never been a better bargain for those comics-minded Romeos in the audience.

No comments :