Friday, September 08, 2006

Quick Questions


Yeah, not a whole lot this week... I am in the process of finalyl getting my computer fixed - my real computer, the desktop - and as that moment nears my patience for using my awkward and unwieldy laptop grow thin. I mean, it's a good machine, but it's a five-plue year old iBook that wheezes like an old man climbing a hill in August whenever I have more than two windows open at the same time.

Anyway, I have a couple questions to occupy your time:

1) Gemstone has been ramping up their TPB program recently, with a pair of pretty tempting Don Rosa Uncle Scrooge volumes and some handsome Ducktales-themed Barks reprints. (Just in case you were wondering, I do have most all of the stories in question, so I'm not totally ig'nint - but having them in a squarebound trade format would be extremely nice.) My question is - every time I pick up a book in the store to peruse, it seems like the binding is of very poor quality, like the kind that would fall apart after being handled for any period of time. Does anyone know whether or not this is the case?

2) Has anyone else been having trouble finding the second issue of Beyond? I picked it up on a total lark based on (undoubtedly misguided) nostalgia for the first two Secret Wars and actually quite enjoyed it. And of course I haven't been able to find issue #2 anywhere.

3) Who would win in a fight between Joe Matt (as depicted in Peepshow), and Bueno Excelente from Hitman?

No comments :