Monday, September 19, 2005

Hey Folks



Good evening, everyone. I'd like to thank all of you for making The Hurting one of the most successful weblogs in the universe. I'd like to thank all of you for making my dreams come true, and for giving me a platform for all my babbling. But most importantly, I'd like to ask you for money.

Why? Do I need money? In the past I've used this weblog as a way to pay the pity card and get urgently-needed funds in times of crisis. But, you know, that was over a year ago. I've got a job. We're doing fine. So, it's not like we're dying or anything.

But: I put a lot of work into this blog. I don't do it for the cash but the occasional tip is appreciated. I think a lot of people forget or don't know that there is a tip jar on the sidebar. If you like this blog and want to see it continue for the foreseeable future, put a couple pennies in the jar. It's that simple. Like any blogger, I do it merely for the sake of doing it, but reinforcement from a gracious audience is always appreciated.

What, you may ask, is the occasion for this blatant panhandling? Simple: next week's my birthday. If I get a few bucks from this blog I might be able to buy myself a nice birthday present. That is the goal. If I get a few bucks, I'll even tell you what I buy myself. That way, it'll be like vicariously getting something yourself, only not really.

No comments :